This is an analysis of the poem Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 10 that begins with:
The wife of a dervish had become enceinte and when the time of her confinement was at hand, the dervish who had no child during all his life said:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a XXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: cinquain
- Metre: 010010101101101000101110101111101011010111100101001110110110111011000101100111110010101010110111010001001111010100110100100100111001000010110101010111111010101001101011111011001110011010100111100101010110001101110101011011101110111100100100 01010110101 111010101 001000010001 10110010100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 566
- Average number of words per stanza: 105
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 228 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 42
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, i, had, his, he, son, dervish, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ch 07 On The Effects Of Education Story 10;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Saadi Shirazi
- Analysis of Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 01
- Analysis of Ch 02 The Morals Of Dervishes Story 21
- Analysis of Ch 08 On Rules For Conduct In Life - Admonition 20