This is an analysis of the poem The Lane that begins with:
Out of the clear starlight,
Into a tunnel of night....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccbd bbeffed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100111 0001001 1001101 110101 011111 10111 0111 110101 010101 101101 1111001 011111 001101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 189
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lane;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.