This is an analysis of the poem One Before The Last, The that begins with:
I dreamt I was in love again
With the One Before the Last,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac dede fgfg gcgX hihi jbjX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 0010101 11010101 0110011 111011110 011001 101010111 010111 01111111 011111 101010111 111111 101101010 1010001 110000010 110101 101101111 110101 111111011 10110100 1001001111 100101 110101011 110101 110111010 110100 110101110 110110
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, better are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of One Before The Last, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.