This is an analysis of the poem Blue Evening that begins with:
My restless blood now lies a-quiver,
Knowing that always, exquisitely,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXab acac adad XdbXb aeae adad XfafXadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,5,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111010 101111100 010111010 11000101 101101110 110100001 011101010 010010101 0111010010 01010101 111101010 10111101 110111110 100101 11 1100110000 10011111 1100101110 11010011 110101010 11011101 101110010 11100101 101101010 1010101 010011010 010011111 1100111010 10011111 010111010 110100111 010101010 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Blue Evening;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.