This is an analysis of the poem The Ubique that begins with:
There is a word you often see, pronounce it as you may -
'You bike,' 'you bikwe,' 'ubbikwe' - alludin' to R.A. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbb XXcc XXXc aaXX ccdd XXXX dddX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101010111 11011010010001 01111100110101 11111101111101 1010111100111 1011101111111 1011101110101 1011101011101 10111011010101101 1011111010111 1010101111111 1011101111101 1011101010101 01010111010101 1011101111101 1011101010101 1010101111101 01010111010101 1010101110101 10100101110111 1011011110000 1011111111001 10111010111010 10101100001 10101010101001 1101111001010111 11110101010101 01110111111101 01011111111100 010010101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 52 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, it, ubique, means are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word ubique is repeated.
The author used the same word ubique at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ubique;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.