This is an analysis of the poem The Secret Of The Machinery that begins with:
We were taken from the ore-bed and the mine,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xababcdcd ebeb fbfbfgfg fdfd fbfbagag gcgc ededggggXgaga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,4,8,4,8,4,13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100100 10100011101 10100010101 10111110001 10111111101 1101110111 10100110111 1101011011 101111101001 11111111111 11111111111 11111111111 11111111111 11101010101 01111011111 11111110101 0101010111 11101111101 11101010011 1101010001 11001010111 0101010101 101010100101 10101010101 10101110101 11101010111 1111110111 11101010001 1101010001 11101111101 00101010001 0101110011 1101110101 00101110111 10101011111 10101010111 10101110101 10101011111 1111010101 11101110101 011010100111 11101010101 0101110111 1111010101 11101110101 11111010011 00101010101 01111101111 11101110011
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 276
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, we, to, can, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Secret Of The Machinery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.