This is an analysis of the poem The Second Voyage that begins with:
We've sent our little Cupids all ashore -
They were frightened, they were tired, they were cold:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababCdb eXebCbb fafaCda gXghCXh agagCXg iXiXCdXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,7,7,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010101 10101010101 1101110101 11101110101 110 11111011010101 1110110101 0111110001 0111110110 11010110101 11110101001 110 10101011010101 1111110111 1111110101 1101011101 1111010001 1101010011 110 11111111111101 0101110101 1111010101 1111010101 1111010111 10101010011 110 11111111111101 1101111111 1101110011 01111100101 00101011101 11101010101 110 10101011011111 1111111111 1101010001 1101010001 1101010101 1111011000 110 111110011111101 0010010010101 110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 299
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; our, they, at, and, no, we, more, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, our, 'was, we, oh are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Second Voyage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.