This is an analysis of the poem The Prayer Of Miriam Cohen that begins with:
From the wheel and the drift of Things
Deliver us, Good Lord,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab aaaa cdcd eXeX bfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00110101 010101 11010101 010101 11110111 111011 11110101 1001101 11010101 010111 11111101 010101 11110001 010101 110100101 0111100 01111101 011111 11111111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Prayer Of Miriam Cohen;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.