This is an analysis of the poem The Crab That Played With The Sea that begins with:
China-going P. & O.'s
Pass Pau Amma's playground close,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXXcaXddXXcceeabddXXXXff Xaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011 1110111 1010101 101011 111 1110111 10100011 100111000 1100101 11111 11111 1110101 10110101 1011111 11101 0010110 1010001111 01001010 1011011 1000101 10110010 10101000 10111 1010100 00110111 10101101 10111101 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 270
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, o, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Crab That Played With The Sea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.