This is an analysis of the poem The Camels Hump that begins with:
The Camel's hump is an ugly lump
Which well you may see at the Zoo;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XXaAB cXdX XbaAB dXXX cbaaB XXaAb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,5,4,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101101 11111101 1100100111 01011001 10111111 0110010111 1101 1001 0110111 1110100101 1010101 11011111111 111111111 1110001011 11110111 11101 1001 0110111 0110101011 110011010 101011101010 11111001 11101101101 10100101 11001 01001 0110111 110111111 0110010111 1111 1001 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; oo, and, we, our, hump are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines oo, hump are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Camels Hump;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.