This is an analysis of the poem Beast And Man In India that begins with:
They killed a Child to please the Gods
In Earth's young penitence,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc ddXd ceXe X caca dbXb X Xbeb eded X Xfef bdgd hihi X aaggXXhhaabXggXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,1,4,4,1,4,4,1,4,4,4,1,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 011100 111101101 010100 11010101 1111011 11110101 1000101 11010101 010011 1111100101 010101 110 0101010101 1001010111 0101100111 100101 1001110001 11010100101 1101010100 1100101 1100 01110100110 0101000111 0101110100 100101 0111010101 0111010101 0111110100 110001 11000 11000111 101111 101110101 010101 11000111 110101 1101011010 010101 11011111 110111 01011001 011001 1011000 011101 111101 1110010 1001010 1010110 1010010 110111 111101 101101 101101 111101 11101000 10101010 1001110 110111 101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 64
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, their are repeated.
The author used the same words i, the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Beast And Man In India;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.