This is an analysis of the poem A Ballad Of Burial that begins with:
If down here I chance to die,
Solemnly I beg you take... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXBcXab Xbabcbcb bXbddbdb bebeebeb efeffXXb gagahbhB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111101 1001111 11010100 0011111 1110100 0011101 1111111 0011111 0011101 1010101 1100111 1110111 1110100 1010101 1011100 1111111 1010011 101011010 1110101 1001101 1110101 111010001 1110101 1111111 1010101 1010110 1010111 1011101 1011111 1010111 0010111 1111111 1011101 1010111 1010101 1010101 1111111 10101010 111001010 1111111 1110101 1010111 1010101 1010101 1110101 1111101 1111101 0011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words think, i are repeated.
The author used the same word after at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word sake at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Ballad Of Burial;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.