This is an analysis of the poem Arachne that begins with:
I watch her in the corner there,
As, restless, bold, and unafraid,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc dada eded fbfb ffff cgcg fdfdXfbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101 11011101 11110101 11010101 01010101 10110111 11001100 11011101 110010101 11110111 11000101 01011111 110111001 01010111 01110111 11010101 11000111 110100101 01010101 01010101 11000101 11011101 11011101 11111101 11111101 11111101 0101011001 11110101 11111101 11011101 11000101 01010101 11111101 11000101 11111101 11111111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words her, my are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Arachne;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.