This is an analysis of the poem A Brave Emperor that begins with:
Night rolled its sombre curtain back
To greet the dawning day,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcac decefXfg ggegebXb XedeXcgX Xgfgcgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101101 010101 1101010 1010101 11011101 010101 11010111 010111 01110101 11001 100101001 111111 1101010 1110111 1111010 10010111 01001010 110101 1101010 0010101 1101110 1110011 10010010 1110101 110111010 0100101 01010101 010101 01110001 110001 101111111 1111110 01011101 010101 01110111 110101 01110101 010111 11010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Brave Emperor;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.