This is an analysis of the poem The Hidden Heart that begins with:
AS I rode out of Lochinvar
About me all the scene was fair;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaaXaXbabXbaXaaaaXbaXXbacacac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110100 01110111 01010101 01011101 11010101 01010101 11110100 11001101 11011111 01010101 11111101 11111011 11110101 11110100 01110111 01011101 11111101 11010111 11110100 11011111 01110101 11111111 10111101 11010101 11111101 01010111 11110101 11010100 11010101 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 981
- Average number of words per stanza: 199
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Hidden Heart;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.