This is an analysis of the poem Worms that begins with:
Worms finer for fishing you couldn't be wishing;
I delved them dismayed from the velvety sod;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacaXdede aXaXdcXcbfgf XgggXgbgXhdhgX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110110110010 11001001001 011100110010 11101111111 110110111010 11101001001 110010110110 1011110010010 110111110110 01011111011 111010111110 11001011101 110010011110 11011101101 1110110011010 100110111100 111001111110 11011111011 11011101011 11001001011 1111111101 11001101001 110110110010 10001001001 010010111110 01001011001 01101101001 101101011001 111001011001 01001101011 111111001101 01011001001 1010101001001 11001111001 11001111001 011101001101 1100111001 1111001110010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 613
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, i, for, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Worms;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.