This is an analysis of the poem The Twins that begins with:
There were two brothers, John and James,
And when the town went up in flames,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb bbcc ddXX bbee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110111 11011101 01010111 11110111 11011101 01011101 11111101 11111101 11100101 11010101 11010110 01111101 11110101 01111101 01011101 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 152
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Twins;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.