This is an analysis of the poem Pragmatic that begins with:
When young I was an Atheist,
Yea, pompous as a pigeon...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXcX dedeXXXX fgfgdhdh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111100 1101010 11010011 0101010 11110111 11001010 1110010101 11111000 01011111 0100110 1110011111 1100010 01010100 11000100 10011100 0100110 11110101 0101110 11111101 1101110 111101001 010001 01010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 424
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, at, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pragmatic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.