This is an analysis of the poem My Bear that begins with:
I never killed a bear because
I always thought them critters was...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccbddbbbb eefccfggheeh iicjjcjjeXXe dddbbdXXckkcXkkfjjjf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 11110101 1101 11111101 11110111 1101 11111111 11111101 0101 11110111 01111111 1101 11111001 11010111 0101 01011001 01010011 0111 01111101 01011001 1101 11010011 10010111 1101 11011101 11110001 0111 11011001 11011101 1111 11010111 01011001 0101 110010110 1111101 11001 11010111 11010111 0101 01011101 11010101 1111 11110001 100101001 1111 11110101 11010101 1111 11110111 11110111 1111 11110101 11011101 11010111 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 419
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Bear;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.