This is an analysis of the poem Men Of The High North that begins with:
Men of the High North, the wild sky is blazing;
Islands of opal float on silver seas;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXacac dededddd aeaefgfg ahahahah adadicic gdgdbjbj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011011010 1001011101 11010010010 1101010100 11011011110 1101011001 11011011110 1101101001 1001111110 1011010101 1101011010 11010010101 10010100100 1001001101 10010101100 1001011111 1111011010 1101001111 1101110110 1011101101 11110111011 1111111001 11111011010 11011011001 11010110110 1001111001 1011011110 1110101101 11110100110 1011101011 10011011010 1011111001 11011011010 100101001 1111111010 10010110001 1001110110 1011111011 1001010110 1111111001 1001111011 1101111111 1001110011 1101001111 1001010001 111101011 100100100101 1101101101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 385
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, you, it, its, can, and, your are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words can, you, monarch are repeated.
The author used the same word men at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Men Of The High North;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.