This is an analysis of the poem Kittens that begins with:
A ray of sun strayed softly round,
For something to caress,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbd bebeaaaa fbfbdgcg eaeahihi jbjbikik
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 110001 01010101 011100 10110101 010101 01010101 110100 01000111 010101 01110101 010111 010100101 010101 10010101 110101 01010111 111101 10110001 111011 11110100 010100 01010101 1101110 11110101 110101 11010111 010001 01011101 110101 11011101 110111 11010101 110111 11011101 110101 11111111 111111 11010111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 242
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words her, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Kittens;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.