This is an analysis of the poem Breath Is Enough that begins with:
I draw sweet air
Deeply and long,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXcX dXdXefeF ghghhfhF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 1011 1111 1111 1101 1101 1111 0101 1111 1111 1111 0100 0101 1001 1111 1001 0101 0101 0111 0100 0101 0101 1101 1001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 17 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words as, the are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word enough at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Breath Is Enough;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.