This is an analysis of the poem Balloon that begins with:
I bought my little grandchild Ann
A bright balloon,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbc dddddada cdcdeaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110111 0101 11110101 0101 11110001 1101 11011101 1101 10010001 0101 11110011 1111 11110101 1101 11000101 1001 11011111 0000 01010101 1101 11011001 1101 11110100 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Balloon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.