This is an analysis of the poem The Nativity Of Christ that begins with:
Behold the father is his daughter's son,
The bird that built the nest is hatched therein,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabb cdcdee fgfggg hihiff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101000101 0111010101 01001101101 0101011101 01010101011 1100111101 11010111001 1101011101 1101110111 1101011101 0101010001 0101010101 1101011111 1101011111 01110101001 1001110100 10110111011 11111111111 1101110101 1101101101 1101110101 1101010001 1101011101 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 266
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; this, from, joy, word, gift are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, o, gift are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Nativity Of Christ;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.