This is an analysis of the poem To Joseph Joachim that begins with:
Belov'd of all to whom that Muse is dear
Who hid her spirit of rapture from the Greek, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacddcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01001011101 11010010001 0111100001 0101010001 11100101001 00100111101 1010010101 1001010101 1101010111 110111111 11110101001 10000110101 0101110101 11001111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 605
- Average number of words per stanza: 105
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Joseph Joachim;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.