This is an analysis of the poem Three Songs Of The Enigma that begins with:
SOMETHING... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a bB cc bb dd ee bB X a ffXg XXgg X a hihihi ijijij klklklj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,1,4,4,1,1,6,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 10 11111110111 1111001101 11011101111 100010101 11011010101 0101001001 11011101111 1101011111 11110101010 11011101110 1111010101 1111001101 1 01001 010101011 1011010110011 010111010 010101110 001110110 101111110 1111011010 110111010 1 1011 11010001 10110101 11010111 10010001 01110111 01001111 11011101 01111101 010011101 011111001 11111111 01001111 11110111 11110111 11110100 11011011 00111111 11110101 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 17
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 90
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, something, far, it, and, so are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words it, and are repeated.
The author used the same word so at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word whither at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Three Songs Of The Enigma;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.