This is an analysis of the poem The Day's March that begins with:
The battery grides and jingles,
Mile succeeds to mile;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcbb Xdad defe Xdgd bXhb adad Xcgc chah ciXi ABfbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010010110 10101 1001011 011101 111101 11001011 0101001 0111110 001101 10011100 011101 01110100 01011 0011110 111101 101110 00101 110010 110110 1111010 010101 1100111 111111 11110 011101 101100 1011 11110110 10011 100101 1001 0101101 11101 1111101 10111 1010101 1011 010010110 10101 100100010 011101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, i are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines awhile is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Day's March;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.