This is an analysis of the poem Flower God, God Of The Spring that begins with:
FLOWER god, god of the spring, beautiful, bountiful,
Cold-dyed shield in the sky, lover of versicles,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXbcbcXddbXcbaXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110001100100 111001100100 1110010 11101101 10110010100100 0111001100100 011010011 10100100 111001101100 111001100100 1110110 11111100 111001100100 111001101001 1110010 11100100 1110001100100 111001100100 1111110 11101100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 816
- Average number of words per stanza: 140
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; spring, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words spring, she are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Flower God, God Of The Spring;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.