No more now with jealous complaining
Shall you be vext; nor I with fears
Torture my heart: my heart is secure now,
And laughs at follies of former tears.
No more now with the endless paining
Of idle desires shall Day distress;
Nor Night, from passionate envy pure now,
With insupportable loneliness.
Truth and Trust so sweetly possess
My fortress of peace, no more to be shaken;
From dreams of joy to joy I awaken
And wander in fields of happiness.
Foolish once, now I'll be wise,
And live in the light of your trusting eyes.
More verses by Robert Laurence Binyon
- A Child In Nature, As A Child In Years
- Ah, Now This Happy Month Is Gone
- As In The Dusty Lane To Fern Or Flower
- Beautifully Dies The Year.
- Come Back, Sweet Yesterdays!