This is an analysis of the poem Wanderers that begins with:
O there are wanderers over wave and strand
Invisible and secret, everywhere... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeae ff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 11110010111 0100110101 1011110101 1011110101 1100010101 1111100100 11011010101 1011110011 1011111101 111101000010 1110010101 010011101110 1101110101 1001010111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wanderers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.