This is an analysis of the poem Strange Fruit that begins with:
This year the grain is heavy--ripe;
The apple shows a ruddier stripe;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeXcffddggeeXXffhhiiiijj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 01010101 1010101 1001101 11010101 01010101 110101110 10101010 10111001 11000101 111101100 011000101 11110111 10010111 11011101 110100100 01011101 1010101 100101001 11010001 01010110 11111101 11010011 01010101 10100110 110101010 01000101 110011111 11010101 11111101 11010101 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1101
- Average number of words per stanza: 197
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Strange Fruit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.