This is an analysis of the poem S. Francesco Del Deserto that begins with:
Peace in smooth summer hour
Paces the seas awhile;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcX bdbd dede fcfc dcdc ghghXcbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011010 100101 1111010 010101 100101 001101 100101 010100 1101001 10101001 111111 101111 010111 010101 101101 111110 010101 010111 100101 010001 111101 010101 010101 110111 110011 101101 110101 110101 101101 011101 110101 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of S. Francesco Del Deserto;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.