This is an analysis of the poem Naked that begins with:
Pride is the untrue mask,
Shame is a cloak that clings,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XbXb acac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100011 100111 1001001001 010111 1001101 111010 001001001111 00100100010 1011101 1100101 110100101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Naked;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.