This is an analysis of the poem How To Make A Memory that begins with:
The rain was ending, and light
Lifting the leaden skies.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbXXcdXdbdefefXghgcafaaihi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111011 100101 01011011 110011 11010010 0100100 11101110 0100111 11010110 1001001 1101001 0011111 110101 00110101 1100111 1100111 11001001 010111 10110110 0101111 001101110 1001101 11010110 0111101 11010110 11001101 0010110110 1000111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 867
- Average number of words per stanza: 165
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of How To Make A Memory;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.