This is an analysis of the poem Between The Mountains And The Plain that begins with:
Between the mountains and the plain
We leaned upon a rampart old;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabc dcedce adfaXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 11010101 01110101 11010101 11010101 11110101 01001101 11011111 01010101 01011101 01110101 01111111 11010101 11110101 010111010 01011101 01111000 101100110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Between The Mountains And The Plain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.