This is an analysis of the poem The Semaphores Of God that begins with:
I 've winged my way, by night and day,
And many a sea I 've crossed ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bb ba cd C a cX c X Xc dC X ab ae cd C f ef ed cdXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,1,1,2,1,1,2,2,1,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111111 11001111 01111101 111111 11111101 110111 1100100101 0010001 01011111 010101 11010101 011111 101100 00111111 010111 1100100101 0010001 01110111 110101 110011111 111111 01010101 110001 1100101001 0010001 01110101 110101 11010101 110101 01010101 110111 11011101 0010001
- Amount of stanzas: 21
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 47
- Average number of words per stanza: 9
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Semaphores Of God;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Kirkland Kernighan
- Analysis of Springtime All In The Morning Early
- Analysis of Poker, Push And Prosperity
- Analysis of Wilson Keeper's Thrashing