This is an analysis of the poem Don'T Come Again that begins with:
There is silence in the parlor, and the pretty girl sits
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bX cX bd X cXc eX dX e fb cf fd X eg Xc eg X a Xf cX X dX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,2,2,1,3,2,2,1,2,2,2,1,2,2,2,1,1,2,2,1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100010101011 1 10101110011010 1 1010101011101 11 1110111111111 10 110101111100010 1011101011011 1001 11101010101011 10 1110111111111 10 110101111111 01 101011111010 101 0010101010101 01 1110111111111 10 01011101010101 1 11011101110 101 111010101110101 1 11101111111110 111010100010 001 11010101011 101 111111011010 1 10100101011101 10
- Amount of stanzas: 22
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 56
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Don'T Come Again;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Kirkland Kernighan
- Analysis of 24 The Khan's Canticles
- Analysis of Draw Up To The Fire
- Analysis of Chickens Come Home To Roost