This is an analysis of the poem To His Muse that begins with:
Whither, mad maiden, wilt thou roam?
Far safer 'twere to stay at home;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXXcccXXXddbbddeeffggff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 26,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110111 11010111 11111101 01110100 11110101 00110100 10011101 01010100 101100101 11110100 11010111 10010100 10011101 01111100 11011111 11010100 11010101 00100100 11111111 11010111 10011101 11010111 11111111 1111110 11010111 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 906
- Average number of words per stanza: 160
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To His Muse;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.