This is an analysis of the poem The Lion And The Rose that begins with:
On a deep red rose
The angry lion trod...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XaXX BCDEcBCDE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 010101 011101 001001 0111 010111 010111 010101 00100101100 011011 11010101 1010101 0111100101110100100101 00100101100 011011 11010101 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 176
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lion And The Rose;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.