This is an analysis of the poem The Beach that begins with:
Louder than gulls the little children scream
Whom fathers haul into the jovial foam; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXX bcXbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010101 11010001001 1101001011 10010100110 1000100 010101111 1101011111 11000101001 0101110101 110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Beach;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Graves
- Analysis of Counting The Beats
- Analysis of To Juan At The Winter Solstice
- Analysis of She Tells Her Love