This is an analysis of the poem Recalling War that begins with:
Entrance and exit wounds are silvered clean,
The track aches only when the rain reminds....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbbXdbe bfgfhccad hXcXhXceXXX gXgiXXc Xjbjeebhi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,9,11,7,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10110111001 0111010101 01101010101 0111010101 0101100111 1111110101 1111110001 1101010101 11010100111 01110010001 1111111001 1110000101 1110000101 10101010101 1101110111 101111101 10010000101 1111011001 01010101110 1111101001 1101010000 1101111101 10111000001 1101010001 11100011011 11110011001 0101011011 10110101111 01010101110 0101011100 1101010101 1110001000 0100110111 1101111101 0101010101 01010001011 0101010011 11010101011 10001010011 1011010101 1011010001 0111011001 1001011101 0100010101 1100010101 0111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 387
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, war, like are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Recalling War;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Graves
- Analysis of The Travellers' Curse After Misdirection
- Analysis of The White Goddess
- Analysis of Flying Crooked