This is an analysis of the poem The Life Of Earth that begins with:
The life of earth, how full of pain,
Which greets us on our day of birth,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaB babXabaB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 11111101 11111101 0101 10011111 11010101 11111101 11110101 11110101 11010001 0101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 115
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, our are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Life Of Earth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.