This is an analysis of the poem Milton that begins with:
with apologies to Lord Tennyson
O swallow-tailed purveyor of college sprees,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aXbabacdXXceXdeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,16,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010001100 11010100101 11010100100 1100100010 1001001011 1101010101 1101110110 110111010 1001001010 11011100100 01010100100 111111010 1101001011 110101011000 11011110110 110101010 1001001011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 342
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Milton;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.