This is an analysis of the poem Death At The Window that begins with:
This morning, while we sat in talk
Of spring and apple-bloom,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd aeae XfXfXdada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 0011101 11100101 110001 11111011 011111 11011111 011101 01111001 110001 11010011 111111 11110101 110101 11110110 010101 11110101 011101 11111101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Death At The Window;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Robert Fuller Murray
- Analysis of Aien Aristeuein (Motto Of St. Andrews University)
- Analysis of Vanity Of Vanities
- Analysis of A College Career