This is an analysis of the poem Love And A Question that begins with:
A stranger came to the door at eve,
And he spoke the bridegroom fair....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdebe XffXcgcX hiXi chch adcdXegdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010100111 1110111 110111001 111101 110011101 1010101 1111110101 010101 011110001 0111101 110100100 10111 01011001 0101001 101101001 101111 010100101 11001010 011100101 101001010 011110101 111001 110100101 1100101 011101001 010101 011110101 110101 110110111 010101 1100100101 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love And A Question;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.