This is an analysis of the poem Good-Bye, And Keep Cold that begins with:
This saying good-bye on the edge of the dark
And cold to an orchard so young in the bark...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdceeffggbbhhXXddcXiiihh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01001101001 11011011001 01101111001 11001101001 11011101001 11101011011 11101001011 11111101011 01001001001 11011011001 11001001101 11101101001 11001011011 11001101001 1100110101 11101001011 101001011001 1111001111 110011110100 11001101011 11001001001 11001011011 11101011011 101101100 11111001001 11011001001 11011111001 011101001 110100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1272
- Average number of words per stanza: 250
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, by, want, i, it, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Good-Bye, And Keep Cold;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.