This is an analysis of the poem After Apple Picking that begins with:
My long two-pointed ladder's sticking through a tree
Toward heaven still. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaccdedfefgbbbghihgijijkXikbblbmlbnjnjm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 41,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 111101010101 01101 1101011101 0101110111 1011010111 1111010101 1001010101 0101011101 1101010011 1101010101 1101000101 1101010101 0101110111 1111 0111010101 1111 1111010101 10110011101 111101 11001010101 1101110101 0101000101 1111000101 11001 0111010100 111111 01010111000 00110111010 1011010101 1001111111 11 1101 11001111010 1100010101 1011 1111010 0101110100 0111 0111110010 1111010101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1483
- Average number of words per stanza: 279
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, from, it, and, of, sleep are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of After Apple Picking;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.