This is an analysis of the poem That Li'l Baldy Hoss that begins with:
You see that li'l baldy hoss
A standin' over there,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXadX eXfgehih iiaijXff kaiaXala hlhlXfef XecejikiXffgfdada
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 010101 0111011 0010101 1011110 110101 11101010 111110 1101010 110101 11011101 110101 1101010 01011101 101011101 110111 1111110110 010101 00101010 1111101 10111011 1010100 1111010 1010101 11101010 1110111 1110100101 111101 1101010 110111 0101111 1010101 11101010 1010101 1101110 1111101 1101010 110101 10101010 1010101 11110100 10111010 111010101 1110010 1111011 110101 11111011 1011101 11110101 010101 10101011 1010111 11110111 010111 11101010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 286
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words an', he are repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of That Li'l Baldy Hoss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.