This is an analysis of the poem Inside My Head that begins with:
inside my head
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcb ddd eee d fff ccc bbc c adc ggg hih d ccX aad aaa X iXX jaj dgg f gXg abbXggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,3,3,1,3,3,3,1,3,3,3,1,3,3,3,1,3,3,3,1,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 0111 01110101 01010101 01010101 01111111 01011101 11110101 01111001 11001001 0101011111 01 11010011 1011011001 11011101 10111100 0100111100 0101010111 11110111 100010001 10010011 01 010111101 1110111011 110010010011101 1101010111 1011010111 0111010101 110101110101 11010101001 01000100101 01 00111001 110101010101 01011101010 1101111101 01101010111010111 011101100101 1101011101 110111000101 1111000111 01 110110101 1001110111 01110101 01110110 10111111 01001010110 1001101 101100101 0111001001 01 11010100 0101110100 01110111 110101001 01001000101 010100101 10011111 11111101 10011011
- Amount of stanzas: 24
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 91
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; common, my, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, i, the are repeated.
The author used the same word inside at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Inside My Head;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.