This is an analysis of the poem A Form Of Women that begins with:
I have come far enough
from where I was not before...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb dadc eXff ddcg fffd Xfdc hhhd hhcX bieiXfggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 0111101 01101 10011010101 11101 111 01011 11011 11110 0111 11011 111001 1101111 11110 1000100 1111 11111 1101010 11 111 0001 1001001 111010 1011 11011 11111 11011 1111 11 111101 10100 11010 0101 01 10100 1001 1111 1111 101 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 80
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, own, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, i, my, a are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines know, own are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Form Of Women;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.